The Foundation of the AAGL’s Fund for the Future (FFTF) provides scholarship funding for AAGL Fellowship in Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery (FMIGS) programs to support the training of their MIGS fellows and offset their educational expenses.
The FFTF program was launched in 2011 as a partnership between the Foundation of the AAGL and industry, thereby allowing industry partners to provide financial support to the AAGL Fellowships.
The FFTF program offers an online application that fellowship sites can use to apply for funding of their fellow(s). This program is only available to FMIGS sites, and not to individual fellows. If Fellows wish to receive funding through this program, they are to contact their fellowship site administrator and direct them to the FFTF website.
The Foundation of the AAGL Board has implemented the following guidelines for the Funds for the Future program:
- Award winners are eligible to apply again three program years after receiving an award
- An essay will be required with your application
- Applications will be weighted based on the number of fellows in your program
- Information submitted in the application process may be audited
- Each FMIGS site is only eligible for one award per program year
The Foundation of the AAGL is pleased to offer two types of Fund for the Future Awards in the 2021-2022 program year:
CLOSED – Fund for the Future: for all FMIGS programs
- FFTF Applications Open: June 23, 2021
- FFTF Applications Due: July 19, 2021
- FFTF Awards Announced: August 6, 2021
CLOSED – Fund for the Future Robotics: for FMIGS programs specializing in robotics
- FFTF Robotics Application Opens: July 19, 2021
- FFTF Robotics Applications Due: August 6, 2021
- FFTF Robotics Awards Announced: August 20, 2021